Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Went To Canton Today . . .



. . . and all I got was this duck!! Isn't he a grand duck?? Meet Francis Drake, so named by my very English DDIL. Francis is a lovely Rouen drake purchased as consort for my three Rouen hens. He will be in quarantine for the next few days but soon will be introduced to his ladies. He has a dashing black dot right in the center of his bill.

Sort of looks like a soul patch don't you think? I bet he will just drive the girls wild.

We also brought home two bush hats, kettle corn for DH, and a drill and tool box for DS. There were a few old quilts that were interesting but nothing I could not live without. I think some of them may have been newer than advertised. Polyester batting showing through the worn spots and machine stitches on the applique but hand stitches everywhere else seemed a bit out of sync. Nevertheless I really enjoyed finding and looking at all of them. DDIL says Canton First Monday Trade Days is like nothing she's ever seen before and loved seeing all the wildly diverse things people buy and walk around with. If you want to know more about this enormous and hugely popular flea market click on the link.

No comments: