Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fun Was Had By All







We took the day off from settling into the new house and made trip to the Canton First Monday Trade Days. This has got to be the world's biggest flea market where you can find just about anything. On my "look for" list I had bookends, a rug for the family room, and an automatic gate opener.






Though I did find a lovely pair of Rookwood Pottery bookends they were way out of my price range . I didn't get the rug because I was afraid it wouldn't fit in the car. Maybe we can go back next month in the truck and bring one home. I never saw a gate opener.






I did find two vintage quilt tops that I just had to have. One is a Six Point Star pattern and the other is a Jacob's Ladder. Both are hand pieced. I am absolutely not an expert in fabric dating but I would guess that these are probaby from the '40's. Take a look and tell me what you think.

No comments: