Monday, September 22, 2008

Fabric Fix


I have a week of vacation this week. I'm home alone and working diligently on unpacking and putting away our things still in moving boxes. If you are anything like me you can get much more accomplished working alone.

I had a dentists appointment today in Waxahachie. After getting my teeth cleaned I bee-lined it to my very favorite quilt shop, Common Threads. It has been so long since I bought fabric!! I was a very good girl the entire time we were building the house and didn't add anything to my somewhat formidable stash. However a very good friend's daughter is due with her first baby in October and I must get a quilt done quickly and soon. Reason enough to go fondle some fabric.

The new mom's chosen nursery colors are pink and brown. I found two pretty prints in pink and brown. One reads dark and the other medium. I also found a nice pink and beige print very similar in design to the pink and browns. This one read as a light. I think I am going to use them in a rail fence pattern. Nice, simple pattern that will go together quickly. I got a pretty paisley off the 60% off table for the backing. I'm not sure that it will work but I'll give it a try. I wish I could find a polka dot in prink and brown for the backing but I just don't have time to hunt. I have uploaded pics of the fabric. I will put up progress shots as I go. Let me know what you think.

No comments: